September 29th: The “Crystals” have been dried out and corked up forever.
This will be the last entry … unless I drop it on the floor and smash it … which I’m sure I would chronicle.
September 23rd: The “Crystals” growing period is over. I emptied out the leftover caustic chemical sludge and am just trying to dry it out a bit before I put the cork on this experiment.
Was it worth it?
Well, being on the cutting edge of experimental experimenting cuts both ways. It wasn’t exciting, but now I know.
September 17th: The “Crystals” continue to grow … but I have to admit this experiment isn’t very exciting.
September 14th: The “Crystals” are growing. It’s difficult to take good photos of them: maybe I need a special “taking photos of things in bottles” lens or something.
September 10th: The “Crystals” are growing. I can’t actually seem them grow, but they are. I guess it’s like my bank account … or something.
I killed the original “crystals” before they even had a chance on August 31st 2009. I didn’t use boiling water at the beginning of the procedure … if you really must know.
I restarted the experiment on September 5th 2009.
It should take about 12 to 15 days to grow these, so it won’t waste too much of your time.
September 8th: This is what it looks like now.
FIRST ATTEMPT LEAD TO IMMEDIATE FAILURE
August 31st 2009
Here goes another experiment!
I’m going to grow something called “crystals”.
I can’t read the instructions, but I think I’ve done all the initial steps from the picture directions correctly. I’ll get someone to translate what I have to do next … or what I did wrong … tomorrow.
Wish me luck!
… maybe I can grow my own Fortress of Solitude!