It was the best of times, it was the end of Februaryist of times.
One of “The Big Three” on my calendar has come and passed again … like gas … or wind … or farts. It’s also past … or over … or not happening again for another year.
Dance Recital Madness 2011 was a lot like last year and the year before but with different kids … or the same kids, but a year or two older … and with different costumes.
One kindergarten went with a colour theme: all the major colours were represented. Teal was overlooked.
The other kindergarten’s dancers’ costumes were colourful too, but they didn’t represent anything I guess.
For a week or two afterwards I say things like:
– “You were a super Super Ninja Shadow!”
– “I liked the Frog Dancers … a lot!”
– “Hey! Cowboy!” (enthusiastic imaginary pistol shooting mannerisms accompany this response)
– “You were the best raindrop out of the bunch.”
– “I really thought you were a Mexican!”
– “Next year I’m sure you will get to be a dinosaur.”
– “Nice cartwheel!”
– “I was a tomato when I was your age too!”
I wish I was 4 years old again: I’m sure I’d be the best raindrop.
note: the past “Big Three” are here:
double note: I didn’t miss last year’s “Big Three“, I just took worse photos than this year’s … and thought I’d give it a break for a year.
Today I dropped the thermometer, but it didn’t get any colder for some reason.