It’s one of my brothers’ birthdays today.
He’s about 12 years older than me and is very cool.
Top Ten reasons why I love my brother (in no specific order):
1. He took me to see the Harlem Globetrotters when I was a kid.
2. He used to play nerf ball soccer with me when he came over for Sunday dinners.
3. After our father died, he filled in at a Father/Son soccer game when I was a kid.
4. He gave me my best Christmas present when I was 12 years old: the book “Dune” with a $50 bill tucked inside of it.
5. He gave up drinking and other things a long time ago. I admire that.
6. He likes to have 2 desserts after dinner. I admire that too.
7. He can tell you what he learned in grade 2 and in what order he learned it.
8. He is very interested in everything; and knows just enough about enough stuff to be dangerous.
9. He has me as a brother.
10. He stores all my crap at his house.
Happy 55th Big Brother.
note: When I moved to Japan he sent me the Crapasaurus because he couldn’t find a Godzilla doll taking a shit.