Death is caused by swallowing small amounts of saliva over a long period of time.
Saliva! A renewable resource.
When someone deposits some on you, you usually don’t like it.
Exchanging some during a passionate kiss, you don’t even think about it.
Gob, spit, drool, spittle, slaver, or dribble.
not to be confused with… snot, phlem, expectorant, sputum, hork, loogies, or lungers.
Multipurpose Saliva: good not only for eating, but …
- Cleaning: the universal cleanser used by mothers and others everywhere.
- Amusement: spitting off bridges and tall buildings; faking out fish looking for food; spitballs.
- Threading Needles: usually used in conjunction with squinting.
- Turning Pages: be careful with those library books.
- Insulation: on the fingers when checking to see if something is hot, or putting out candles.
- Showing Disgust: “I spit in your general direction”
- Praise: impressing other 10 year olds with the ability to accurately hit targets with the “between the gapped tooth” delivery.
- Scoring: chalking up points on an imaginary board.
- Information: checking wind direction.
- Torture: intimidating pinned and powerless siblings with long hangers directed at their faces. Then at the last moment sucking it back into your mouth, or not. (oops!)
note: if you don’t like my blog, check out others at: